drink more water
With summer just around the corner, it is important that you are taking the necessary steps to keep yourself hydrated. The warmer it gets the more water your body will need to perform everyday functions.
According to The Institute of Medicine, adequate water intake for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) per day. While it is suggested that women should be drinking around 9 cups (2.2 liters) per day.
Remembering to hydrate regularly can be hard, but it doesn’t have to be!
Here are some creative ways you can get your daily amount of water intake and start living a happier, healthier life:
- Get a water bottle with measurements along the sides so you are aware of how much water you are drinking during the day.
- Goal yourself. You may have seen on social media or pinterest that people are measuring out levels with time. You can goal yourself to drink 2 ounces every hour or 8 ounces by 12pm, or whatever works best for you!
- Prefer flavor? Cut up fruits like limes, lemons and strawberries to infuse them into your water. It makes you water have a little flavor and extremely healthy for you!
- Download water tracking apps like Waterlogged or Daily Water to help you set reminders and keep track of your consumption.
- Eat lots of water rich foods like watermelon, cucumber and grapefruits.
What are ways you use to help increase your daily water intake? Let us know in the comments below!